It’s important to consider pH when choosing a cleaner for human use and animal facilities. From gyms to doggie daycares, pH has an affect on the environment. Cleaners with a high or low pH can cause skin irritation, which is the last thing you want in your facility, be it for animals or humans. Choosing a neutral pH cleaner helps minimize the risk of skin irritation caused by contact with cleaning products.
A Quick Lesson on pH
In order to understand the importance of choosing a neutral pH cleaner, it’s essential to understand some of the science behind pH chemicals.
The pH scale ranges from 1 to 14 and measures a solution’s acidity or alkalinity. A pH of 7 is neutral, while numbers less than that are acidic and greater than are alkaline or basic. The human body is close to neutral at 7.4, which means neutral chemicals are a minimal risk for skin irritation. These are circumstances when a high or low pH cleaner should be used, but when it comes to human and animal facilities, a neutral pH cleaner is prefered.
The Benefits of a Neutral pH Cleaner
- Close to human pH, which minimizes risk of skin irritation
- Less likely to cause health effects and harm surfaces
- Safer for users and the environment
- Easy on surfaces, but tough on cleaning
Facilities that Can Benefit From a Neutral pH Cleaner
- Gyms, yoga studios, crossfit, health clubs
- Office spaces
- Day care centers
- Large or small animal facilities
Highly acidic cleaning products, such as those with a pH below 2, can prove to be corrosive and potentially damage materials they come into contact with. On the opposite end of the spectrum, a highly alkaline cleaner, with a pH of 12 or above, could also be corrosive and burn materials. Concerns over very high and very low ph cleaners include the health of the user and those who use the building. In addition to being corrosive, these cleaners can cause toxic fumes.
While it may be attractive to choose a cleaner with a high or low pH for advanced cleaning power, it could result in skin irritation for users and occupants. It’s important to choose a neutral pH cleaner in facilities used by humans and animals. Neutral pH cleaners are closer to the pH of the human body, which makes it better for our sensitive skin. Clean Break offers a neutral pH cleaner and degreaser that have been approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Learn more about the Neutral pH Cleaner & Degreaser from Clean Break.
It’s that time of year. It’s hot outside, which makes it even hotter in restaurant kitchens. Not only do restaurant rubber mats regularly have to put up with grease, oils and foods, but in the summer months sweat and additional humidity add to the need for more traction.
The durability and cleanliness of rubber mats in commercial kitchens plays a large role in safety. Cleaning commercial kitchen rubber mats with an EPA registered product helps preserve the mats when traction and drainage are most important.
Clean Break offers a variety of products to protect rubber flooring and mats in commercial kitchens and restaurants. Give your rubber flooring and mats a head start on long lasting performance by using a rubber mat sealant.
Benefits of Rubber Mat Sealant in Commercial Kitchens
- Prolongs performance and lifespan of rubber flooring and rubber mats
- Saves you money, time, hassle and unnecessary labor
- Without sealant rubber flooring can become dull, dingy and difficult to clean
Clean Break’s Neutral pH Cleaner and Degreaser acts as the perfect rubber mat cleaner for commercial kitchens and restaurants. Rubber mats in restaurants come into contact with grease, oil and food, which decreases the traction these mats are intended to supply. A lack of traction in a hot, greasy kitchen can be detrimental to safety. It’s important to regularly clean and degrease with a rubber mat cleaner that’s easy on surfaces and tough on cleaning.
Benefits of Clean Break’s Neutral pH Cleaner and Degreaser
- EPA Green Design for the Environment seal
- Ideal for commercial and industrial kitchens and restaurants
- Dries without streaking, no rinsing necessary
Rubber flooring and mats are frequently used in restaurants because they provide traction, prevent slipping, are water resistant, durable and are easy to clean and maintain. Using the proper rubber mat cleaner and sealant expand the lifespan. Clean Break’s sealants and degreasing products provide the perfect maintenance system for your rubber mats and flooring.
Your truck is a huge investment and something to take pride in. And just like the body of your truck, your likely to want to keep the interior in impeccable condition.
So when it comes to maintaining the rubber flooring in your truck, what works and what doesn’t? How do you keep and maintain the shine?
It is often a challenge to figure out how to clean rubber flooring in trucks and maintain the desired luster and shine after they dry. While there are some things that most certainly do not work, there are some preferred methods that work the best. Many try scrubbing their mats with Simple Green or other cleaners, but while it will look shiny while wet, it dries dull.
Our neutral pH rubber cleaner and degreaser gently cleans your mats while maintaining the shine with a streak-free finish. Another benefit to our rubber cleaner is that it does not have a harsh, chemically smell. While some mat cleaners may work well, the headache from the fumes is not worth it. You also want to make sure the cleaner you are using does not attract dirt.
So what makes our pH neutral rubber mat cleaner and degreaser perfect for the rubber flooring in your truck?
- Tough on grease. With all the wear and tear your mats will endure, our cleaner is highly effective because it kicks the grease, yet is gentle and formulated specifically for rubber material unlike other cleaners that are commonly used on rubber mats.
- Mats dry streak-free! No more worrying about how your truck mats will look once they are dry.
- EPA seal of approval. Unlike other chemicals containing harsh, toxic chemicals, our neutral pH cleaner is considered a green cleaner approved by the EPA and formulated by chemists specifically for rubber.
Successfully cleaning and restoring your truck mats and rubber flooring is simple. If needed, first scrub the mats and flooring with a brush to remove any dirt or mud that is crusted on. After shaking or vacuuming your mats, simply spray down the mats with our cleaner and wipe them down.
The plus side is our cleaner is versatile. So in addition to efficiently cleaning rubber mats (whether in your truck, shop or other facility) it is ideal for cleaning large surface areas of rubber flooring as well.
Whether you are looking for the best flooring for your woodworking shop, garage shop, or similar space, sifting through all the options can be overwhelming.
The benefits of rubber tiles for shop flooring are numerous and unique.
Not only is a dense rubber floor comfortable to stand on and incredibly durable, but it is also simple to install, clean and maintain.
More Unique Benefits of Rubber Tiles for Shop Flooring:
- Durable. This is probably the biggest selling point for rubber flooring. Whether getting smashed by heavy dumbbells repeatedly or enduring other heavy equipment, machinery and impact, rubber flooring can handle it. Additionally, because you can select extremely dense rubber tiles, heavy equipment can easily roll over the tiles.
- Color Options. If a concern is whether the black will absorb too much light and make it difficult to tell what a project will look like out of the shop, then there are several other lighter colors to choose from.
- Textured or Non-Texture. While non-textured would be easier to sweep, both are easy to vacuum.
- Tools Bounce! Tools will bounce instead of dent, which is always a perk and allows your tools to last longer.
- Cost Effective. Aside from basic concrete flooring, rubber flooring, starting at about $2.44 per square feet, is much more inexpensive than engineered hardwood floor that typically starts around $4 per square foot (not including underlayment and professional installation if required).
- Easy Installation. Speaking of installation, rubber tiles for shop flooring are incredibly easy to install, considering they are a large puzzle piece that easily interlock. Another bonus is that if one tile becomes damaged, it is easily replaced.
- Comfort. Another common benefit of rubber flooring is its anti-fatigue properties. It is easy on your feet, joints and back, so standing for long periods of time is made more comfortable.
- Coverage Options. Instead of covering your workshop’s entire floor, a cost effective option is to use only rubber flooring in each work area instead of installing wall-to-wall rubber flooring.
Paired with our neutral pH rubber flooring cleaner and degreaser for easy cleaning, rubber tiles may be the smartest choice for your shop (and back!).
Imagine the wear and tear of a crowded gym floor or a high traffic vet clinic. Rubber flooring has become ever popular in these busy environments, and this is in part because rubber flooring is so durable, cost-effective and easy to clean. Our neutral pH cleaner and degreaser is the ideal cleaner for rubber floors.
So how do you clean rubber floors once you’ve got the right product to clean with?
Whether you have more than 12 million square feet of flooring or just a few tiles in your small home gym, our neutral pH cleaner is perfect for all shapes and sizes of rubber floors.
The Smartest Approach to Cleaning and Maintaining Rubber Floors:
- Follow cleaning manufacturers instructions. Instructions vary from cleaner to cleaner. Our cleaner and degreaser is formulated to be diluted 2 oz per gallon. If you use more or less of the cleaner, the outcome will not be as effective or you are running the risk of wasting product and harming your floor.
- Be proactive. The beauty about rubber tiles is they are easily replaceable. If you see that a part of your rubber flooring is getting too much wear and tear, it will be safer in the long run to replace it before someone gets hurt or it causes further damage.
- Keep the outside clean. The cleanliness of your gym, store or shop starts outside, since people will be tracking in whatever is outside. This means paying attention to the cleanliness of your parking lot and sidewalks and keeping them as dirt and grease-free as possible.
- Have indoor and outdoor mats. It is recommended to have 15 feet (or three strides worth) of indoor and outdoor walk-off mats both on the outside and inside of your entrance door to trap dirt.
- Vacuum (or sweep) frequently. It is crucial to do this at least once a day, depending upon foot traffic. This will make the mopping process much quicker and effective. This also keeps grit off the floor, which prevents unnecessary wear and tear on the floor.
- Add a protective coating. Our sealant not only makes cleaning easier and more effective, but it makes your mats more waterproof, last longer and adds shine and luster. This preventative step will lengthen the intervals between needing to replace tiles and will prevent staining and other damage.
- Daily maintenance. Sweeping and mopping rubber flooring on a daily basis is the best way to extend the lifespan and maintain an impeccably clean—and easy to clean—floor.
Follow these steps and your rubber floors will serve you and your business for years to come.
While our pH rubber floor cleaner and degreaser is a top-seller for high traffic gyms and cross fit facilities, it is also ideal for your smaller home gym as well. Rubber flooring is becoming more and more popular in homes and is ideal for personal gyms, mudrooms, laundry rooms and recreation rooms. Finding an economical and safe gym floor cleaner is important. Our pH cleaner and degreaser is perfect for home use because it is incredibly easy to use and effective. Each gallon lasts what seems like forever as you only need to use 2 oz. per gallon of water. So if you are with the growing number of Americans who want to exercise from the convenience and privacy of their own home, then you are in good company.
Benefits of a Home Gym with Rubber Flooring:
- Save money. Not only do you save money on a gym membership, but you also save in gas money because you no longer need to commute to and from the gym. Additionally, rubber floor installation is easy and cost effective.
- Simplify. Instead of being bogged down with equipment you don’t need or use, you can personalize your home gym with only equipment that you actually use.
- Prevent injury. A durable yet soft and supportive rubber floor ensures your home gym can withstand the heavy weights and impact from aerobic exercise and anaerobic exercise.
- Workout longer. Not only can you work out while dinner is cooking, the kids take a nap, or that crazy late-night burst of energy kicks in, but working out on rubber flooring also encourages you to work out longer. Why? Because it alleviates tension to the joints, legs and back, so your workouts are more comfortable and efficient and you are encouraged to work out longer.
From rolled rubber flooring to interlocking tiles, many types of rubber flooring can be installed yourself, making the process even easier. Our cleaner and degreaser is an ideal gym floor cleaner for rubber mats, tiles, rolled rubber flooring, you name it.
Thanks to exciting new designs, colors and patterns that are compatible with today’s architectural trends, rubber flooring is no longer relegated to institutional settings. Along with its environmentally friendly properties, rubber flooring has gained popularity in home bars, mud rooms, home offices and rec rooms.
In addition to being incredibly durable, comfortable to stand on and easy to maintain with our rubber floor cleaner, the environmental and health benefits of rubber flooring is a huge factor in its rising popularity.
What Makes Rubber Flooring (along with our rubber floor cleaner) environmentally sustainable:
- PVC free. High quality natural rubber flooring does not contain PVC, phthalates or chlorine, contributing to improved indoor air quality.
- Recycled rubber flooring options. If you choose to use recycled rubber floors, you can often find details about the rubber’s previous use, such as rubber tires or athletic shoes.
- Naturally resilient against staining, mildew and mold. This is not only a health benefit, but it also is partly why rubber floors are so easy to clean— and even easier if you use our rubber floor cleaner and degreaser.
- Rapidly renewable raw material. Natural rubber is extracted from the sap of a tropical rubber tree.
- Made in the USA. This means less fuel and shipping costs resulting in a lower carbon footprint.
- Recyclable. Any type of rubber floor (virgin or recycled rubber) can be recycled and reused as landscaping mulch, playground surfacing and rubber crumb for athletic fields. It can also be used as landing mats or coverings for sports arenas.
- Long life cycle. This means a reduced need for removal and disposal of materials and conservation of natural resources.
Because more and more business owners are looking to achieve green building status and incorporate environmentally friendly materials into their buildings, rubber flooring paired with our EPA approved rubber floor cleaner is perfect solution. —Clean Break
There may be other ways to clean your gym’s rubber flooring other than using a cleaner specifically formulated for rubber floors. But are they as effective? Safe? Convenient? Economical?
When owning and operating a busy gym, having the confidence and assurance that your gym floor cleaner is going to get the job done right is crucial.
You have plenty of other things to tend to, which is why Clean Break has worked with a chemist to formulate a neutral pH, environmental seal of approval rubber floor cleaner and degreaser. It will no doubt make your life easier and your floors impeccably clean for your customers. Rubber gym flooring is quickly becoming a number one choice for busy gyms and fitness centers not just in the US but internationally as well. The reasons for rubber flooring in these facilities are plenty, and investing in a quality gym floor cleaner is just as important of a decision.
Reasons Rubber Flooring is Perfect for Gyms:
- Eliminates injuries. A lot of today’s exercises involve a lot of jumping. Because of its soft, squishy surface, it is easy on the knees and ankles, reduces shock to the leg joints and eliminates injuries.
- Durable. Let’s face it, if any type of facility were to need a strong, durable—yet gentle on the joints—floor, it is gyms, fitness centers, rec centers and play areas. With constant impact from heavy weights and equipment, running, jumping and repetitious use, these types of floors undergo heavier foot traffic and high impact stress.
- Long lasting. Other gym floor materials are marketed as easy to clean but they do not stand up to long-term wear and tear that rubber flooring clan. So while rubber flooring is more durable than other materials and water resistant, it too, is easy to clean.
- Indoor and outdoor use. Because rubber flooring so wonderfully repels water from pool and shower areas, rubber flooring is ideal for pool areas and play areas both in and outside.
Pair durable rubber flooring with our gym floor cleaner and degreaser, and you’ve got a perfect match for a high traffic, high intensity gym floor that will outlast any other material. —Clean Break
To meet the demands of a busy vet clinic, why not use a multi-purpose, incredibly efficient product to both seal and clean your vet clinic flooring?
This makes maintaining vet clinic flooring much easier for a number of reasons.
For one, Clean Break’s mat and flooring sealant protects your floor from heavy traffic as well as repeated cleaning and sanitizing that can put stress on your floor over time.
To protect, clean and disinfect your vet clinic floor, we have formulated 3 products for use in animal care facilities:
- Rubber Flooring and Mat Sealant
- Clean Break Multi-Purpose Disinfectant
- Neutral pH Cleaner and Degreaser
We understand that safety and efficiency is key, which is why our products are safe in animal facilities and lower your overhead costs over time.
Veterinary clinic flooring varies depending upon the type of clinic, but regardless of the type of flooring (rubber flooring or otherwise), it is important that it is impermeable and resistant to contaminants. Additionally, due to the heavy traffic from paws, claws and shoes, it is important to have an easy and effective solution. We understand that maintaining a sanitary and safe vet clinic is one of your upmost priorities, and hygiene and pathogen control is key.
Because unprotected rubber floors are porous, they absorb substances, odors and germs. This is why Clean Break’s flooring and mat sealant is a perfect solution for your clinic. For safety and cleanliness, it is necessary for your vet clinic floor to be seamless and impervious.
Our Rubber Flooring and Mat Sealant is recommended by veterinarians and boasts the following:
- Seals porous surfaces to keep bacteria, fungus, and viruses out
- Exceptional bonding yet retains flexibility in flooring or mats
- Long lasting and can be re-coated
- Easily cleaned and sanitized
- Water and chemical resistant
Clean Break is here to make maintaining vet clinic flooring easy and economical so you can focus on your busy practice.
Give us a call today for more information!
While disinfecting and eliminating odor is the primary concern when maintaining doc care facility floors, there is a lot more to it than that.
What are some other factors you must consider for dog care facility floor maintenance?
Plenty, but Clean Break’s products affectively address them all with our 3-step solution:
- Rubber Flooring and Mat Sealant
- Clean Break Multi-Purpose Disinfectant
- Neutral pH Cleaner and Degreaser
We understand that factors such as infection control, sanitization and odor control all need to be addressed and it is important products will extend the life of your floors and mats. Clean Breaks’ products work beautifully on both mats and flooring, so you only need to use one effective product on your different floor surfaces.
When determining the best floor maintenance for your animal care facility’s floor, it is important to first consider what type of flooring you have.
Whether you have a glossy, shiny floor or a matte floor (or both), Clean Break’s products are designed for both. However, it is important to consider that if you do have flooring with a gloss finish, this will require more maintenance, since scratches and dirt will be much more noticeable. Additionally, high traffic areas such as entryways will lose the sheen much more quickly.
Some high traffic areas may need to be cleaned on a much more frequent basis than the rest of your flooring. A lower sheen floor such as satin or matte will require a lower maintenance routine, but of course it is important to consider that while scuffs and dirt may not show up as quickly, it is still crucial to maintain an impeccably sanitary facility regardless of dirt and grime visibility.
Another consideration is the color of your flooring. It is a well-known trick that flooring with various colors or intensity of colors will require less maintenance than flooring that is all one single color. Traffic patterns and dirt show up on evenly colored floors much more quickly. Wisely choosing your flooring can save you time and money in the long run.
Originally created for the dog kennel industry, our neutral pH cleaner is completely safe and effective for contact with animals. Clean Break’s veterinarian-approved rubber sealant, cleaner and disinfectant is all you need to maintain and properly clean your dog care facility floor.