There’s a new manta circulating around offices that, “sitting is the new smoking.” This visual statement demonstrates the unhealthy side effects of sitting in front of a computer all day. This commonplace habit could be compared to the former prevalence of smoking in the office and every day locations. What is the solution to the addiction to sitting? Standing. Standing desks have come to reign supreme as the latest trend in office culture for their health benefits.
Typically, underneath standing desks many people use rubber mats. Rubber mats provide air underneath foot and have a plush sensation that’s better on the body than hard concrete. Though standing has many health benefits, it’s important to care for your feet with cushioned rubber mats. You wouldn’t sit in a hard, uncushioned office chair all day, so why would you stand without the proper protection beneath your feet?
Using Rubber Mat Cleaner
When working in an office environment, you may wonder how dirty can rubber mats really get? If you don’t use a rubber mat cleaner on a regular basis, you may end up having to replace rubber mats more often than you’d like. Your shoes carry in the elements from outside, be it beach sand that can scratch the rubber mats, or the chemicals from snow melt tracked in with your winter boots.
Benefits of Rubber Mat Cleaner
- Use rubber mat cleaner to maintain the condition of your standing desk mats
- Avoid having to regularly replace mats due to wear and tear
- Remove nasty smells, and avoid judgement from your officemates
- Maintain shine with a streak-free finish
Transitioning to a standing desk from sitting can be a hard adjustment, but with comfortable rubber mats below your feet you’ll soon be wondering why you didn’t do it sooner. Be sure to use a reliable rubber mat cleaner like Clean Break’s Neutral pH Cleaner & Degreaser. Add more life to your rubber mats when you get them by using Clean Break’s Rubber Flooring & Mat Sealant.
Rubber mats have a place in a wide variety of venues from flooring in commercial kitchens to doggy day care centers and small animal hospitals. Did you know rubber mats provide the perfect surface for protecting wood floors and encouraging anti-slip safety in fishing boats? Rubber mat cleaners such as Clean Break’s Multi-purpose Disinfectant make cleaning and maintaining these surfaces even easier.
Benefits of Rubber Mats in Fishing Boats
- Comfort – When standing for a long time in a fishing boat, feet start to ache from the hard, flat surface. Install rubber mats in fishing boats to prevent fatigue and relieve built up pressure in the feet and ankles. Rubber mats are soft and form to the foot, which makes for happy passengers on board your fishing boat.
- Drainage – Often seen in kitchens, rubber mats with holes are perfect for floors requiring drainage, such as fishing boats. These types of mats easily allow water to drain, which is an essential feature when talking about a boat. Water always finds it way onto boats, it’s part of their nature. Installing rubber mats keeps your feet happy while also appropriately draining excess water from your vessel.
- Traction – In a naturally wet and slippery area, it makes total sense to cover the floors of your boat in a textured surface that gives traction. Rubber mats in fishing boats help prevent slipping. When water splashes into the boat while reeling in a big catch decrease your chances of slipping with textured rubber flooring.
- Prevent Physical Damage – Having rubber flooring and rubber mats in place on a fishing boat prevents corrosion from saltwater, damage from exposure to sunlight and damage from constant foot traffic on wood floors. Repairing damage to wood floors can be expensive. Installing rubber mats protects moisture sensitive wood floors, which helps save money long term.
- Easy to Clean and Maintain – With Clean Break’s line of rubber mat sealants, disinfectants and cleaners, maintaining the durability and lifespan of rubber mats comes easy. Avoid mold, fungus and bacteria by using rubber mat sealant to seal and protect rubber mats from the beginning. Clean Break’s Multi-purpose Disinfectant is a simple to apply, EPA registered rubber mat cleaner for regular use in fishing boats.
It’s that time of year. It’s hot outside, which makes it even hotter in restaurant kitchens. Not only do restaurant rubber mats regularly have to put up with grease, oils and foods, but in the summer months sweat and additional humidity add to the need for more traction.
The durability and cleanliness of rubber mats in commercial kitchens plays a large role in safety. Cleaning commercial kitchen rubber mats with an EPA registered product helps preserve the mats when traction and drainage are most important.
Clean Break offers a variety of products to protect rubber flooring and mats in commercial kitchens and restaurants. Give your rubber flooring and mats a head start on long lasting performance by using a rubber mat sealant.
Benefits of Rubber Mat Sealant in Commercial Kitchens
- Prolongs performance and lifespan of rubber flooring and rubber mats
- Saves you money, time, hassle and unnecessary labor
- Without sealant rubber flooring can become dull, dingy and difficult to clean
Clean Break’s Neutral pH Cleaner and Degreaser acts as the perfect rubber mat cleaner for commercial kitchens and restaurants. Rubber mats in restaurants come into contact with grease, oil and food, which decreases the traction these mats are intended to supply. A lack of traction in a hot, greasy kitchen can be detrimental to safety. It’s important to regularly clean and degrease with a rubber mat cleaner that’s easy on surfaces and tough on cleaning.
Benefits of Clean Break’s Neutral pH Cleaner and Degreaser
- EPA Green Design for the Environment seal
- Ideal for commercial and industrial kitchens and restaurants
- Dries without streaking, no rinsing necessary
Rubber flooring and mats are frequently used in restaurants because they provide traction, prevent slipping, are water resistant, durable and are easy to clean and maintain. Using the proper rubber mat cleaner and sealant expand the lifespan. Clean Break’s sealants and degreasing products provide the perfect maintenance system for your rubber mats and flooring.
Your truck is a huge investment and something to take pride in. And just like the body of your truck, your likely to want to keep the interior in impeccable condition.
So when it comes to maintaining the rubber flooring in your truck, what works and what doesn’t? How do you keep and maintain the shine?
It is often a challenge to figure out how to clean rubber flooring in trucks and maintain the desired luster and shine after they dry. While there are some things that most certainly do not work, there are some preferred methods that work the best. Many try scrubbing their mats with Simple Green or other cleaners, but while it will look shiny while wet, it dries dull.
Our neutral pH rubber cleaner and degreaser gently cleans your mats while maintaining the shine with a streak-free finish. Another benefit to our rubber cleaner is that it does not have a harsh, chemically smell. While some mat cleaners may work well, the headache from the fumes is not worth it. You also want to make sure the cleaner you are using does not attract dirt.
So what makes our pH neutral rubber mat cleaner and degreaser perfect for the rubber flooring in your truck?
- Tough on grease. With all the wear and tear your mats will endure, our cleaner is highly effective because it kicks the grease, yet is gentle and formulated specifically for rubber material unlike other cleaners that are commonly used on rubber mats.
- Mats dry streak-free! No more worrying about how your truck mats will look once they are dry.
- EPA seal of approval. Unlike other chemicals containing harsh, toxic chemicals, our neutral pH cleaner is considered a green cleaner approved by the EPA and formulated by chemists specifically for rubber.
Successfully cleaning and restoring your truck mats and rubber flooring is simple. If needed, first scrub the mats and flooring with a brush to remove any dirt or mud that is crusted on. After shaking or vacuuming your mats, simply spray down the mats with our cleaner and wipe them down.
The plus side is our cleaner is versatile. So in addition to efficiently cleaning rubber mats (whether in your truck, shop or other facility) it is ideal for cleaning large surface areas of rubber flooring as well.
Thanks to exciting new designs, colors and patterns that are compatible with today’s architectural trends, rubber flooring is no longer relegated to institutional settings. Along with its environmentally friendly properties, rubber flooring has gained popularity in home bars, mud rooms, home offices and rec rooms.
In addition to being incredibly durable, comfortable to stand on and easy to maintain with our rubber floor cleaner, the environmental and health benefits of rubber flooring is a huge factor in its rising popularity.
What Makes Rubber Flooring (along with our rubber floor cleaner) environmentally sustainable:
- PVC free. High quality natural rubber flooring does not contain PVC, phthalates or chlorine, contributing to improved indoor air quality.
- Recycled rubber flooring options. If you choose to use recycled rubber floors, you can often find details about the rubber’s previous use, such as rubber tires or athletic shoes.
- Naturally resilient against staining, mildew and mold. This is not only a health benefit, but it also is partly why rubber floors are so easy to clean— and even easier if you use our rubber floor cleaner and degreaser.
- Rapidly renewable raw material. Natural rubber is extracted from the sap of a tropical rubber tree.
- Made in the USA. This means less fuel and shipping costs resulting in a lower carbon footprint.
- Recyclable. Any type of rubber floor (virgin or recycled rubber) can be recycled and reused as landscaping mulch, playground surfacing and rubber crumb for athletic fields. It can also be used as landing mats or coverings for sports arenas.
- Long life cycle. This means a reduced need for removal and disposal of materials and conservation of natural resources.
Because more and more business owners are looking to achieve green building status and incorporate environmentally friendly materials into their buildings, rubber flooring paired with our EPA approved rubber floor cleaner is perfect solution. —Clean Break