Imagine the wear and tear of a crowded gym floor or a high traffic vet clinic. Rubber flooring has become ever popular in these busy environments, and this is in part because rubber flooring is so durable, cost-effective and easy to clean. Our neutral pH cleaner and degreaser is the ideal cleaner for rubber floors.
So how do you clean rubber floors once you’ve got the right product to clean with?
Whether you have more than 12 million square feet of flooring or just a few tiles in your small home gym, our neutral pH cleaner is perfect for all shapes and sizes of rubber floors.
The Smartest Approach to Cleaning and Maintaining Rubber Floors:
- Follow cleaning manufacturers instructions. Instructions vary from cleaner to cleaner. Our cleaner and degreaser is formulated to be diluted 2 oz per gallon. If you use more or less of the cleaner, the outcome will not be as effective or you are running the risk of wasting product and harming your floor.
- Be proactive. The beauty about rubber tiles is they are easily replaceable. If you see that a part of your rubber flooring is getting too much wear and tear, it will be safer in the long run to replace it before someone gets hurt or it causes further damage.
- Keep the outside clean. The cleanliness of your gym, store or shop starts outside, since people will be tracking in whatever is outside. This means paying attention to the cleanliness of your parking lot and sidewalks and keeping them as dirt and grease-free as possible.
- Have indoor and outdoor mats. It is recommended to have 15 feet (or three strides worth) of indoor and outdoor walk-off mats both on the outside and inside of your entrance door to trap dirt.
- Vacuum (or sweep) frequently. It is crucial to do this at least once a day, depending upon foot traffic. This will make the mopping process much quicker and effective. This also keeps grit off the floor, which prevents unnecessary wear and tear on the floor.
- Add a protective coating. Our sealant not only makes cleaning easier and more effective, but it makes your mats more waterproof, last longer and adds shine and luster. This preventative step will lengthen the intervals between needing to replace tiles and will prevent staining and other damage.
- Daily maintenance. Sweeping and mopping rubber flooring on a daily basis is the best way to extend the lifespan and maintain an impeccably clean—and easy to clean—floor.
Follow these steps and your rubber floors will serve you and your business for years to come.