Doggy day cares have to deal with a lot of strong odors on a very regular basis. Even though our furry friends may look cute and innocent, they are still guilty of stinking, slobbering and rolling around in less than desirable fragrances. Doggy day cares using rubber flooring need a cleaner capable of removing the strong odors and stains brought in by their canine clientele.
Many doggy day cares use rubber flooring due to it’s durability and it’s flexibility to be used inside or outside. Rubber flooring for doggy day cares are often eco-friendly and made from recycled materials. The versatile flooring option can be used in a variety of ways including kennel flooring and dog agility flooring. Rubber flooring at doggy day cares reduces injuries to animals and provides excellent traction even when wet. Rubber flooring can be easily trimmed to fit your specific needs.
Rubber Flooring Cleaner
If your doggy day care facility uses rubber flooring, you’ll need a strong disinfectant that’s also EPA registered and safe for animals. Clean Break’s Multi-Purpose Disinfectant is perfect for doggy day cares, dog training facilities, veterinary offices and other large and small animal facilities.
Using one ounce of our Multi-Purpose Disinfectant works great for general disinfection of hard, non-porous surfaces. Using four ounces per gallon of our Multi-Purpose Disinfectant provides additional strength and is effective against:
- Canine Parvovirus
- Canine Adenovirus
- Canine Coronavirus
- Canine Parainfluenza
- Infectious Canine Hepatitis virus
- Feline Rhinotracheitis
- Feline Infectious Peritonitis
Clean Break Multi-Purpose Disinfectant was designed for the toughest disinfecting challenges involving animal facilities such as doggy day cares. It works great on both porous and non-porous surfaces. Doggy day cares find it’s concentrated formula to be very economical. In addition to disinfecting, it also acts as a detergent, deodorant, antibacterial and virucide.
Keep your rubber flooring clean and your canine clientele happy and healthy by cleaning your floors with Clean Break’s Multi-Purpose Disinfectant.
Rubber mats have a place in a wide variety of venues from flooring in commercial kitchens to doggy day care centers and small animal hospitals. Did you know rubber mats provide the perfect surface for protecting wood floors and encouraging anti-slip safety in fishing boats? Rubber mat cleaners such as Clean Break’s Multi-purpose Disinfectant make cleaning and maintaining these surfaces even easier.
Benefits of Rubber Mats in Fishing Boats
- Comfort – When standing for a long time in a fishing boat, feet start to ache from the hard, flat surface. Install rubber mats in fishing boats to prevent fatigue and relieve built up pressure in the feet and ankles. Rubber mats are soft and form to the foot, which makes for happy passengers on board your fishing boat.
- Drainage – Often seen in kitchens, rubber mats with holes are perfect for floors requiring drainage, such as fishing boats. These types of mats easily allow water to drain, which is an essential feature when talking about a boat. Water always finds it way onto boats, it’s part of their nature. Installing rubber mats keeps your feet happy while also appropriately draining excess water from your vessel.
- Traction – In a naturally wet and slippery area, it makes total sense to cover the floors of your boat in a textured surface that gives traction. Rubber mats in fishing boats help prevent slipping. When water splashes into the boat while reeling in a big catch decrease your chances of slipping with textured rubber flooring.
- Prevent Physical Damage – Having rubber flooring and rubber mats in place on a fishing boat prevents corrosion from saltwater, damage from exposure to sunlight and damage from constant foot traffic on wood floors. Repairing damage to wood floors can be expensive. Installing rubber mats protects moisture sensitive wood floors, which helps save money long term.
- Easy to Clean and Maintain – With Clean Break’s line of rubber mat sealants, disinfectants and cleaners, maintaining the durability and lifespan of rubber mats comes easy. Avoid mold, fungus and bacteria by using rubber mat sealant to seal and protect rubber mats from the beginning. Clean Break’s Multi-purpose Disinfectant is a simple to apply, EPA registered rubber mat cleaner for regular use in fishing boats.
Your truck is a huge investment and something to take pride in. And just like the body of your truck, your likely to want to keep the interior in impeccable condition.
So when it comes to maintaining the rubber flooring in your truck, what works and what doesn’t? How do you keep and maintain the shine?
It is often a challenge to figure out how to clean rubber flooring in trucks and maintain the desired luster and shine after they dry. While there are some things that most certainly do not work, there are some preferred methods that work the best. Many try scrubbing their mats with Simple Green or other cleaners, but while it will look shiny while wet, it dries dull.
Our neutral pH rubber cleaner and degreaser gently cleans your mats while maintaining the shine with a streak-free finish. Another benefit to our rubber cleaner is that it does not have a harsh, chemically smell. While some mat cleaners may work well, the headache from the fumes is not worth it. You also want to make sure the cleaner you are using does not attract dirt.
So what makes our pH neutral rubber mat cleaner and degreaser perfect for the rubber flooring in your truck?
- Tough on grease. With all the wear and tear your mats will endure, our cleaner is highly effective because it kicks the grease, yet is gentle and formulated specifically for rubber material unlike other cleaners that are commonly used on rubber mats.
- Mats dry streak-free! No more worrying about how your truck mats will look once they are dry.
- EPA seal of approval. Unlike other chemicals containing harsh, toxic chemicals, our neutral pH cleaner is considered a green cleaner approved by the EPA and formulated by chemists specifically for rubber.
Successfully cleaning and restoring your truck mats and rubber flooring is simple. If needed, first scrub the mats and flooring with a brush to remove any dirt or mud that is crusted on. After shaking or vacuuming your mats, simply spray down the mats with our cleaner and wipe them down.
The plus side is our cleaner is versatile. So in addition to efficiently cleaning rubber mats (whether in your truck, shop or other facility) it is ideal for cleaning large surface areas of rubber flooring as well.
Imagine the wear and tear of a crowded gym floor or a high traffic vet clinic. Rubber flooring has become ever popular in these busy environments, and this is in part because rubber flooring is so durable, cost-effective and easy to clean. Our neutral pH cleaner and degreaser is the ideal cleaner for rubber floors.
So how do you clean rubber floors once you’ve got the right product to clean with?
Whether you have more than 12 million square feet of flooring or just a few tiles in your small home gym, our neutral pH cleaner is perfect for all shapes and sizes of rubber floors.
The Smartest Approach to Cleaning and Maintaining Rubber Floors:
- Follow cleaning manufacturers instructions. Instructions vary from cleaner to cleaner. Our cleaner and degreaser is formulated to be diluted 2 oz per gallon. If you use more or less of the cleaner, the outcome will not be as effective or you are running the risk of wasting product and harming your floor.
- Be proactive. The beauty about rubber tiles is they are easily replaceable. If you see that a part of your rubber flooring is getting too much wear and tear, it will be safer in the long run to replace it before someone gets hurt or it causes further damage.
- Keep the outside clean. The cleanliness of your gym, store or shop starts outside, since people will be tracking in whatever is outside. This means paying attention to the cleanliness of your parking lot and sidewalks and keeping them as dirt and grease-free as possible.
- Have indoor and outdoor mats. It is recommended to have 15 feet (or three strides worth) of indoor and outdoor walk-off mats both on the outside and inside of your entrance door to trap dirt.
- Vacuum (or sweep) frequently. It is crucial to do this at least once a day, depending upon foot traffic. This will make the mopping process much quicker and effective. This also keeps grit off the floor, which prevents unnecessary wear and tear on the floor.
- Add a protective coating. Our sealant not only makes cleaning easier and more effective, but it makes your mats more waterproof, last longer and adds shine and luster. This preventative step will lengthen the intervals between needing to replace tiles and will prevent staining and other damage.
- Daily maintenance. Sweeping and mopping rubber flooring on a daily basis is the best way to extend the lifespan and maintain an impeccably clean—and easy to clean—floor.
Follow these steps and your rubber floors will serve you and your business for years to come.
Because rubber floors are ideal for gym floors—from busy athletic clubs to CrossFit gyms—our neutral pH rubber floor cleaner and degreaser is a perfect match for gym and club owners. Rubber flooring’s soft yet durable surface is perfect for everything from heavy weight lifting to wrestling and gymnastics. When it comes to cleaning your rubber flooring, it is important that you pair our cleaner with the most effective cleaning method for superior results. While our cleaner is extremely straightforward, effective and economical, how you use it is also equally important.
So, how do you clean rubber gym floors?
- Using a plastic or wood scraper, scrape off any large, sticky items, such as mud that has been tracked in. We do not recommend using a metal scraper since it can scratch the rubber surface. If necessary, use a damp nylon scrub pad to rub off scuff marks. Because our floor cleaner is also a degreaser, it is perfect for targeting and removing greasy build up, lessening the need for time consuming prep cleaning.
- Once large, sticky items are removed, vacuum the floor to ensure the surface is free of debris for the most effective mopping.
- A nylon, soft-bristled cleaning brush works great to focus on any difficult to remove spots or spills if necessary.
- Lastly, mop your rubber floors with our neutral pH cleaning solution (just 2 oz. per gallon of water).
What to AVOID on rubber floors:
- Acids such as bleach, vinegar or bathroom cleaners
- Alkalis such as butyl cleaners and high pH strippers
- Petro chemicals—cleaners that contain oil grease, solvents or abrasives
Just installed virgin rubber flooring in your gym?
We recommend you initially clean it with a damp mop and our cleaner to remove any manufacturing residue.
There may be other ways to clean your gym’s rubber flooring other than using a cleaner specifically formulated for rubber floors. But are they as effective? Safe? Convenient? Economical?
When owning and operating a busy gym, having the confidence and assurance that your gym floor cleaner is going to get the job done right is crucial.
You have plenty of other things to tend to, which is why Clean Break has worked with a chemist to formulate a neutral pH, environmental seal of approval rubber floor cleaner and degreaser. It will no doubt make your life easier and your floors impeccably clean for your customers. Rubber gym flooring is quickly becoming a number one choice for busy gyms and fitness centers not just in the US but internationally as well. The reasons for rubber flooring in these facilities are plenty, and investing in a quality gym floor cleaner is just as important of a decision.
Reasons Rubber Flooring is Perfect for Gyms:
- Eliminates injuries. A lot of today’s exercises involve a lot of jumping. Because of its soft, squishy surface, it is easy on the knees and ankles, reduces shock to the leg joints and eliminates injuries.
- Durable. Let’s face it, if any type of facility were to need a strong, durable—yet gentle on the joints—floor, it is gyms, fitness centers, rec centers and play areas. With constant impact from heavy weights and equipment, running, jumping and repetitious use, these types of floors undergo heavier foot traffic and high impact stress.
- Long lasting. Other gym floor materials are marketed as easy to clean but they do not stand up to long-term wear and tear that rubber flooring clan. So while rubber flooring is more durable than other materials and water resistant, it too, is easy to clean.
- Indoor and outdoor use. Because rubber flooring so wonderfully repels water from pool and shower areas, rubber flooring is ideal for pool areas and play areas both in and outside.
Pair durable rubber flooring with our gym floor cleaner and degreaser, and you’ve got a perfect match for a high traffic, high intensity gym floor that will outlast any other material. —Clean Break