Rubber floors are unique in their composition and versatile in their use. Rubber floors can be found in a variety of facilities across many different industries. Because their application can vary per industry, one size doesn’t always fit all when it comes to choosing the best cleaner. Depending on where the rubber floors are and what context they are being used for, a different type of cleaner will be best.
Cleaners for Rubber Floors
Several factors go into choosing the best cleaner for rubber floors. Review the specifics of the following cleaners in order to choose the best product for your rubber floors.
- EPA registered antibacterial, virucide, mildewstat, deodorant, detergent
- EPA registered for human use facilities
- Specifically targets MRSA and other bacteria, viruses and fungus
- Works on porous and non-porous surfaces
- Simple and economical solution for keeping facilities clean and disinfected
- Ideal for gyms, stores, restaurants, hotels, offices and hospitals
- Designed for the tough disinfecting challenges of animal facilities
- Works on porous and non-porous surfaces
- Disinfects and acts as a detergent, mildewstat, deodorant, antibacterial and virucide
- Concentrated and economical
- EPA registered
- Effective against Canine Parvovirus, Canine Adenovirus, Canine Coronavirus, Canine Parainfluenza, Infectious Canine Hepatitis virus, Feline Rhinotracheitis, and Feline Infectious Peritonitis
Neutral pH Cleaner & Degreaser
- EPA Green Design for the Environment Seal
- Neutral pH, which is safe for human and animal use facilities
- Cleaner and degreaser ideal for day care centers, offices, restaurants, hospitals, gyms and other facilities
- Created with the aid of a chemist
- Mild to the touch, easy on surfaces and tough on cleaning
Depending on your facility, one cleaner may be better for your rubber floors than another. FOr example, if you run a doggy daycare, we would suggest the Multi-Purpose Disinfectant. For gyms, restaurants, hospitals and other human use facilities, you should go with either the Facility Disinfectant or the Neutral pH Cleaner.
Clean Break offers EPA-registered rubber floor cleaners that work on both porous and non-porous surfaces.
Healthcare facilities have evolved over the years. Many healthcare facilities have move towards rubber flooring as it’s slip-resistant, soft and easy to clean. Because healthcare facilities have a high amount of foot traffic, as well as the need to hold up against medical equipment, carts and beds, rubber flooring has become the new standard.
Within large medical environments, it’s essential to find the best disinfectant for healthcare facilities. Clean Break’s Facility Disinfectant fulfills the needs of the medical community when it comes to cleaning and disinfecting rubber floors.
Disinfectant for Healthcare Facilities
When it comes to medical and healthcare facilities, it’s essential to create a clean and healthy environment for patients, staff and visitors. Clean Break has created a technology that’s simple yet economical and has proven to be a great disinfectant for healthcare facilities.
- EPA registered for human use facilities
- Specifically targets MRSA and other potentially dangerous bacteria, virus and fungus
- Antibacterial, virucide, mildewstat, deodorant, detergent
- Has a neutral pH
- Works on porous and nonporous surfaces
- Can be used in a trigger sprayer, with a sponge, rag or mop
Because Clean Break’s disinfectant for healthcare facilities is an economical concentrate, you only have to mix one to four ounces of the cleaner per gallon of water. Clean Break’s Facility Disinfectant effectively fights against all major bacteria and viruses associated with healthcare facilities including hospitals.
Clean Break’s Facility Disinfectant was designed for use with rubber flooring. Rubber flooring requires minimal maintenance and has a long life, which is essential in healthcare settings. Rubber flooring has come a long way and can provide the same aesthetics as vinyl, but is a more durable product.
If your medical community has moved towards rubber flooring, consider Clean Break’s disinfectant for healthcare facilities. Facility Disinfectant works perfectly for cleaning and disinfecting flooring in high-traffic human facilities such as hospitals and medical centers.
Your truck is a huge investment and something to take pride in. And just like the body of your truck, your likely to want to keep the interior in impeccable condition.
So when it comes to maintaining the rubber flooring in your truck, what works and what doesn’t? How do you keep and maintain the shine?
It is often a challenge to figure out how to clean rubber flooring in trucks and maintain the desired luster and shine after they dry. While there are some things that most certainly do not work, there are some preferred methods that work the best. Many try scrubbing their mats with Simple Green or other cleaners, but while it will look shiny while wet, it dries dull.
Our neutral pH rubber cleaner and degreaser gently cleans your mats while maintaining the shine with a streak-free finish. Another benefit to our rubber cleaner is that it does not have a harsh, chemically smell. While some mat cleaners may work well, the headache from the fumes is not worth it. You also want to make sure the cleaner you are using does not attract dirt.
So what makes our pH neutral rubber mat cleaner and degreaser perfect for the rubber flooring in your truck?
- Tough on grease. With all the wear and tear your mats will endure, our cleaner is highly effective because it kicks the grease, yet is gentle and formulated specifically for rubber material unlike other cleaners that are commonly used on rubber mats.
- Mats dry streak-free! No more worrying about how your truck mats will look once they are dry.
- EPA seal of approval. Unlike other chemicals containing harsh, toxic chemicals, our neutral pH cleaner is considered a green cleaner approved by the EPA and formulated by chemists specifically for rubber.
Successfully cleaning and restoring your truck mats and rubber flooring is simple. If needed, first scrub the mats and flooring with a brush to remove any dirt or mud that is crusted on. After shaking or vacuuming your mats, simply spray down the mats with our cleaner and wipe them down.
The plus side is our cleaner is versatile. So in addition to efficiently cleaning rubber mats (whether in your truck, shop or other facility) it is ideal for cleaning large surface areas of rubber flooring as well.
Whether you are looking for the best flooring for your woodworking shop, garage shop, or similar space, sifting through all the options can be overwhelming.
The benefits of rubber tiles for shop flooring are numerous and unique.
Not only is a dense rubber floor comfortable to stand on and incredibly durable, but it is also simple to install, clean and maintain.
More Unique Benefits of Rubber Tiles for Shop Flooring:
- Durable. This is probably the biggest selling point for rubber flooring. Whether getting smashed by heavy dumbbells repeatedly or enduring other heavy equipment, machinery and impact, rubber flooring can handle it. Additionally, because you can select extremely dense rubber tiles, heavy equipment can easily roll over the tiles.
- Color Options. If a concern is whether the black will absorb too much light and make it difficult to tell what a project will look like out of the shop, then there are several other lighter colors to choose from.
- Textured or Non-Texture. While non-textured would be easier to sweep, both are easy to vacuum.
- Tools Bounce! Tools will bounce instead of dent, which is always a perk and allows your tools to last longer.
- Cost Effective. Aside from basic concrete flooring, rubber flooring, starting at about $2.44 per square feet, is much more inexpensive than engineered hardwood floor that typically starts around $4 per square foot (not including underlayment and professional installation if required).
- Easy Installation. Speaking of installation, rubber tiles for shop flooring are incredibly easy to install, considering they are a large puzzle piece that easily interlock. Another bonus is that if one tile becomes damaged, it is easily replaced.
- Comfort. Another common benefit of rubber flooring is its anti-fatigue properties. It is easy on your feet, joints and back, so standing for long periods of time is made more comfortable.
- Coverage Options. Instead of covering your workshop’s entire floor, a cost effective option is to use only rubber flooring in each work area instead of installing wall-to-wall rubber flooring.
Paired with our neutral pH rubber flooring cleaner and degreaser for easy cleaning, rubber tiles may be the smartest choice for your shop (and back!).
Imagine the wear and tear of a crowded gym floor or a high traffic vet clinic. Rubber flooring has become ever popular in these busy environments, and this is in part because rubber flooring is so durable, cost-effective and easy to clean. Our neutral pH cleaner and degreaser is the ideal cleaner for rubber floors.
So how do you clean rubber floors once you’ve got the right product to clean with?
Whether you have more than 12 million square feet of flooring or just a few tiles in your small home gym, our neutral pH cleaner is perfect for all shapes and sizes of rubber floors.
The Smartest Approach to Cleaning and Maintaining Rubber Floors:
- Follow cleaning manufacturers instructions. Instructions vary from cleaner to cleaner. Our cleaner and degreaser is formulated to be diluted 2 oz per gallon. If you use more or less of the cleaner, the outcome will not be as effective or you are running the risk of wasting product and harming your floor.
- Be proactive. The beauty about rubber tiles is they are easily replaceable. If you see that a part of your rubber flooring is getting too much wear and tear, it will be safer in the long run to replace it before someone gets hurt or it causes further damage.
- Keep the outside clean. The cleanliness of your gym, store or shop starts outside, since people will be tracking in whatever is outside. This means paying attention to the cleanliness of your parking lot and sidewalks and keeping them as dirt and grease-free as possible.
- Have indoor and outdoor mats. It is recommended to have 15 feet (or three strides worth) of indoor and outdoor walk-off mats both on the outside and inside of your entrance door to trap dirt.
- Vacuum (or sweep) frequently. It is crucial to do this at least once a day, depending upon foot traffic. This will make the mopping process much quicker and effective. This also keeps grit off the floor, which prevents unnecessary wear and tear on the floor.
- Add a protective coating. Our sealant not only makes cleaning easier and more effective, but it makes your mats more waterproof, last longer and adds shine and luster. This preventative step will lengthen the intervals between needing to replace tiles and will prevent staining and other damage.
- Daily maintenance. Sweeping and mopping rubber flooring on a daily basis is the best way to extend the lifespan and maintain an impeccably clean—and easy to clean—floor.
Follow these steps and your rubber floors will serve you and your business for years to come.
Because rubber floors are ideal for gym floors—from busy athletic clubs to CrossFit gyms—our neutral pH rubber floor cleaner and degreaser is a perfect match for gym and club owners. Rubber flooring’s soft yet durable surface is perfect for everything from heavy weight lifting to wrestling and gymnastics. When it comes to cleaning your rubber flooring, it is important that you pair our cleaner with the most effective cleaning method for superior results. While our cleaner is extremely straightforward, effective and economical, how you use it is also equally important.
So, how do you clean rubber gym floors?
- Using a plastic or wood scraper, scrape off any large, sticky items, such as mud that has been tracked in. We do not recommend using a metal scraper since it can scratch the rubber surface. If necessary, use a damp nylon scrub pad to rub off scuff marks. Because our floor cleaner is also a degreaser, it is perfect for targeting and removing greasy build up, lessening the need for time consuming prep cleaning.
- Once large, sticky items are removed, vacuum the floor to ensure the surface is free of debris for the most effective mopping.
- A nylon, soft-bristled cleaning brush works great to focus on any difficult to remove spots or spills if necessary.
- Lastly, mop your rubber floors with our neutral pH cleaning solution (just 2 oz. per gallon of water).
What to AVOID on rubber floors:
- Acids such as bleach, vinegar or bathroom cleaners
- Alkalis such as butyl cleaners and high pH strippers
- Petro chemicals—cleaners that contain oil grease, solvents or abrasives
Just installed virgin rubber flooring in your gym?
We recommend you initially clean it with a damp mop and our cleaner to remove any manufacturing residue.
While our pH rubber floor cleaner and degreaser is a top-seller for high traffic gyms and cross fit facilities, it is also ideal for your smaller home gym as well. Rubber flooring is becoming more and more popular in homes and is ideal for personal gyms, mudrooms, laundry rooms and recreation rooms. Finding an economical and safe gym floor cleaner is important. Our pH cleaner and degreaser is perfect for home use because it is incredibly easy to use and effective. Each gallon lasts what seems like forever as you only need to use 2 oz. per gallon of water. So if you are with the growing number of Americans who want to exercise from the convenience and privacy of their own home, then you are in good company.
Benefits of a Home Gym with Rubber Flooring:
- Save money. Not only do you save money on a gym membership, but you also save in gas money because you no longer need to commute to and from the gym. Additionally, rubber floor installation is easy and cost effective.
- Simplify. Instead of being bogged down with equipment you don’t need or use, you can personalize your home gym with only equipment that you actually use.
- Prevent injury. A durable yet soft and supportive rubber floor ensures your home gym can withstand the heavy weights and impact from aerobic exercise and anaerobic exercise.
- Workout longer. Not only can you work out while dinner is cooking, the kids take a nap, or that crazy late-night burst of energy kicks in, but working out on rubber flooring also encourages you to work out longer. Why? Because it alleviates tension to the joints, legs and back, so your workouts are more comfortable and efficient and you are encouraged to work out longer.
From rolled rubber flooring to interlocking tiles, many types of rubber flooring can be installed yourself, making the process even easier. Our cleaner and degreaser is an ideal gym floor cleaner for rubber mats, tiles, rolled rubber flooring, you name it.
Thanks to exciting new designs, colors and patterns that are compatible with today’s architectural trends, rubber flooring is no longer relegated to institutional settings. Along with its environmentally friendly properties, rubber flooring has gained popularity in home bars, mud rooms, home offices and rec rooms.
In addition to being incredibly durable, comfortable to stand on and easy to maintain with our rubber floor cleaner, the environmental and health benefits of rubber flooring is a huge factor in its rising popularity.
What Makes Rubber Flooring (along with our rubber floor cleaner) environmentally sustainable:
- PVC free. High quality natural rubber flooring does not contain PVC, phthalates or chlorine, contributing to improved indoor air quality.
- Recycled rubber flooring options. If you choose to use recycled rubber floors, you can often find details about the rubber’s previous use, such as rubber tires or athletic shoes.
- Naturally resilient against staining, mildew and mold. This is not only a health benefit, but it also is partly why rubber floors are so easy to clean— and even easier if you use our rubber floor cleaner and degreaser.
- Rapidly renewable raw material. Natural rubber is extracted from the sap of a tropical rubber tree.
- Made in the USA. This means less fuel and shipping costs resulting in a lower carbon footprint.
- Recyclable. Any type of rubber floor (virgin or recycled rubber) can be recycled and reused as landscaping mulch, playground surfacing and rubber crumb for athletic fields. It can also be used as landing mats or coverings for sports arenas.
- Long life cycle. This means a reduced need for removal and disposal of materials and conservation of natural resources.
Because more and more business owners are looking to achieve green building status and incorporate environmentally friendly materials into their buildings, rubber flooring paired with our EPA approved rubber floor cleaner is perfect solution. —Clean Break
There may be other ways to clean your gym’s rubber flooring other than using a cleaner specifically formulated for rubber floors. But are they as effective? Safe? Convenient? Economical?
When owning and operating a busy gym, having the confidence and assurance that your gym floor cleaner is going to get the job done right is crucial.
You have plenty of other things to tend to, which is why Clean Break has worked with a chemist to formulate a neutral pH, environmental seal of approval rubber floor cleaner and degreaser. It will no doubt make your life easier and your floors impeccably clean for your customers. Rubber gym flooring is quickly becoming a number one choice for busy gyms and fitness centers not just in the US but internationally as well. The reasons for rubber flooring in these facilities are plenty, and investing in a quality gym floor cleaner is just as important of a decision.
Reasons Rubber Flooring is Perfect for Gyms:
- Eliminates injuries. A lot of today’s exercises involve a lot of jumping. Because of its soft, squishy surface, it is easy on the knees and ankles, reduces shock to the leg joints and eliminates injuries.
- Durable. Let’s face it, if any type of facility were to need a strong, durable—yet gentle on the joints—floor, it is gyms, fitness centers, rec centers and play areas. With constant impact from heavy weights and equipment, running, jumping and repetitious use, these types of floors undergo heavier foot traffic and high impact stress.
- Long lasting. Other gym floor materials are marketed as easy to clean but they do not stand up to long-term wear and tear that rubber flooring clan. So while rubber flooring is more durable than other materials and water resistant, it too, is easy to clean.
- Indoor and outdoor use. Because rubber flooring so wonderfully repels water from pool and shower areas, rubber flooring is ideal for pool areas and play areas both in and outside.
Pair durable rubber flooring with our gym floor cleaner and degreaser, and you’ve got a perfect match for a high traffic, high intensity gym floor that will outlast any other material. —Clean Break
With the rising popularity of rubber flooring in the health and fitness industry, animal care facilities and the hospitality industry, the big question is:
What is the best and most effective way to clean rubber flooring?
There are many methods out there, from using good old-fashioned hot water and white vinegar to using a mixture of liquid laundry detergent and alcohol.
The catch with these methods, however, is they are either not cleaning the flooring nearly as effectively as a cleaner and degreaser formulated specifically for rubber floors, or they are inconsistent due to an inaccurate mixture. Another downside is a lot of these different options require trial and error (what may work for some rubber floors may not work on yours) and they may be too rough or harsh on the floor, which will in the end shorten your rubber floor’s lifespan.
With our neutral pH rubber floor cleaner and degreaser, you can rest assured that it is formulated specifically to clean rubber floors. This means it is gentle on your rubber surface, yet tough on dirt and grease.
More benefits of using our rubber floor cleaner and degreaser:
- Neutral pH making it mild to the touch.
- Broad-Spectrum, meaning it is effective against a large variety of organisms.
- Environmentally friendly with the EPA seal of approval.
- Dries without streaking!
- Economical concentrate—you only have to use 2 oz. per gallon of water, so it lasts a very long time.
- Not alkaline or acidic—two big factors to avoid to keep your rubber flooring healthy and happy.
- Low odor—no strong, harsh chemical smell.
- Fast acting—while you may need to scrub and put a lot of elbow grease into cleaning with other methods, Clean Break’s rubber flooring cleaner and degreaser does the work for you.
- Ideal for both virgin and recycled rubber flooring.
Rubber flooring popularity is quickly growing due to the fact that it is durable, stain-resistant, nearly impervious to water (and completely water proof if you use Clean Break’s rubber sealant!) and easy to maintain yet soft and comfortable to stand on.
With regular maintenance of sweeping or vacuuming and then cleaning with our rubber floor cleaner and degreaser, your floors will be ready to take on nearly anything for years to come.