Rubber floors are unique in their composition and versatile in their use. Rubber floors can be found in a variety of facilities across many different industries. Because their application can vary per industry, one size doesn’t always fit all when it comes to choosing the best cleaner. Depending on where the rubber floors are and what context they are being used for, a different type of cleaner will be best.
Cleaners for Rubber Floors
Several factors go into choosing the best cleaner for rubber floors. Review the specifics of the following cleaners in order to choose the best product for your rubber floors.
- EPA registered antibacterial, virucide, mildewstat, deodorant, detergent
- EPA registered for human use facilities
- Specifically targets MRSA and other bacteria, viruses and fungus
- Works on porous and non-porous surfaces
- Simple and economical solution for keeping facilities clean and disinfected
- Ideal for gyms, stores, restaurants, hotels, offices and hospitals
- Designed for the tough disinfecting challenges of animal facilities
- Works on porous and non-porous surfaces
- Disinfects and acts as a detergent, mildewstat, deodorant, antibacterial and virucide
- Concentrated and economical
- EPA registered
- Effective against Canine Parvovirus, Canine Adenovirus, Canine Coronavirus, Canine Parainfluenza, Infectious Canine Hepatitis virus, Feline Rhinotracheitis, and Feline Infectious Peritonitis
Clean Break Multi-Purpose Disinfectant – Detergent (EPA Registration No. 1839-100-82023) has demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to 2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) on hard, non-porous surfaces. Therefore, this product can be used against SARS-CoV-2, the Novel Coronavirus that causes the disease COVID-19, when used in accordance with the directions for use against Norovirus (Norwalk virus) on hard, non-porous surfaces.Refer to the CDC website (www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html) for additional information
Neutral pH Cleaner & Degreaser
- EPA Green Design for the Environment Seal
- Neutral pH, which is safe for human and animal use facilities
- Cleaner and degreaser ideal for day care centers, offices, restaurants, hospitals, gyms and other facilities
- Created with the aid of a chemist
- Mild to the touch, easy on surfaces and tough on cleaning
Depending on your facility, one cleaner may be better for your rubber floors than another. FOr example, if you run a doggy daycare, we would suggest the Multi-Purpose Disinfectant. For gyms, restaurants, hospitals and other human use facilities, you should go with either the Facility Disinfectant or the Neutral pH Cleaner.
Clean Break offers EPA-registered rubber floor cleaners that work on both porous and non-porous surfaces.
It’s that time of year. It’s hot outside, which makes it even hotter in restaurant kitchens. Not only do restaurant rubber mats regularly have to put up with grease, oils and foods, but in the summer months sweat and additional humidity add to the need for more traction.
The durability and cleanliness of rubber mats in commercial kitchens plays a large role in safety. Cleaning commercial kitchen rubber mats with an EPA registered product helps preserve the mats when traction and drainage are most important.
Clean Break offers a variety of products to protect rubber flooring and mats in commercial kitchens and restaurants. Give your rubber flooring and mats a head start on long lasting performance by using a rubber mat sealant.
Benefits of Rubber Mat Sealant in Commercial Kitchens
- Prolongs performance and lifespan of rubber flooring and rubber mats
- Saves you money, time, hassle and unnecessary labor
- Without sealant rubber flooring can become dull, dingy and difficult to clean
Clean Break’s Neutral pH Cleaner and Degreaser acts as the perfect rubber mat cleaner for commercial kitchens and restaurants. Rubber mats in restaurants come into contact with grease, oil and food, which decreases the traction these mats are intended to supply. A lack of traction in a hot, greasy kitchen can be detrimental to safety. It’s important to regularly clean and degrease with a rubber mat cleaner that’s easy on surfaces and tough on cleaning.
Benefits of Clean Break’s Neutral pH Cleaner and Degreaser
- EPA Green Design for the Environment seal
- Ideal for commercial and industrial kitchens and restaurants
- Dries without streaking, no rinsing necessary
Rubber flooring and mats are frequently used in restaurants because they provide traction, prevent slipping, are water resistant, durable and are easy to clean and maintain. Using the proper rubber mat cleaner and sealant expand the lifespan. Clean Break’s sealants and degreasing products provide the perfect maintenance system for your rubber mats and flooring.
Your truck is a huge investment and something to take pride in. And just like the body of your truck, your likely to want to keep the interior in impeccable condition.
So when it comes to maintaining the rubber flooring in your truck, what works and what doesn’t? How do you keep and maintain the shine?
It is often a challenge to figure out how to clean rubber flooring in trucks and maintain the desired luster and shine after they dry. While there are some things that most certainly do not work, there are some preferred methods that work the best. Many try scrubbing their mats with Simple Green or other cleaners, but while it will look shiny while wet, it dries dull.
Our neutral pH rubber cleaner and degreaser gently cleans your mats while maintaining the shine with a streak-free finish. Another benefit to our rubber cleaner is that it does not have a harsh, chemically smell. While some mat cleaners may work well, the headache from the fumes is not worth it. You also want to make sure the cleaner you are using does not attract dirt.
So what makes our pH neutral rubber mat cleaner and degreaser perfect for the rubber flooring in your truck?
- Tough on grease. With all the wear and tear your mats will endure, our cleaner is highly effective because it kicks the grease, yet is gentle and formulated specifically for rubber material unlike other cleaners that are commonly used on rubber mats.
- Mats dry streak-free! No more worrying about how your truck mats will look once they are dry.
- EPA seal of approval. Unlike other chemicals containing harsh, toxic chemicals, our neutral pH cleaner is considered a green cleaner approved by the EPA and formulated by chemists specifically for rubber.
Successfully cleaning and restoring your truck mats and rubber flooring is simple. If needed, first scrub the mats and flooring with a brush to remove any dirt or mud that is crusted on. After shaking or vacuuming your mats, simply spray down the mats with our cleaner and wipe them down.
The plus side is our cleaner is versatile. So in addition to efficiently cleaning rubber mats (whether in your truck, shop or other facility) it is ideal for cleaning large surface areas of rubber flooring as well.
Whether you are looking for the best flooring for your woodworking shop, garage shop, or similar space, sifting through all the options can be overwhelming.
The benefits of rubber tiles for shop flooring are numerous and unique.
Not only is a dense rubber floor comfortable to stand on and incredibly durable, but it is also simple to install, clean and maintain.
More Unique Benefits of Rubber Tiles for Shop Flooring:
- Durable. This is probably the biggest selling point for rubber flooring. Whether getting smashed by heavy dumbbells repeatedly or enduring other heavy equipment, machinery and impact, rubber flooring can handle it. Additionally, because you can select extremely dense rubber tiles, heavy equipment can easily roll over the tiles.
- Color Options. If a concern is whether the black will absorb too much light and make it difficult to tell what a project will look like out of the shop, then there are several other lighter colors to choose from.
- Textured or Non-Texture. While non-textured would be easier to sweep, both are easy to vacuum.
- Tools Bounce! Tools will bounce instead of dent, which is always a perk and allows your tools to last longer.
- Cost Effective. Aside from basic concrete flooring, rubber flooring, starting at about $2.44 per square feet, is much more inexpensive than engineered hardwood floor that typically starts around $4 per square foot (not including underlayment and professional installation if required).
- Easy Installation. Speaking of installation, rubber tiles for shop flooring are incredibly easy to install, considering they are a large puzzle piece that easily interlock. Another bonus is that if one tile becomes damaged, it is easily replaced.
- Comfort. Another common benefit of rubber flooring is its anti-fatigue properties. It is easy on your feet, joints and back, so standing for long periods of time is made more comfortable.
- Coverage Options. Instead of covering your workshop’s entire floor, a cost effective option is to use only rubber flooring in each work area instead of installing wall-to-wall rubber flooring.
Paired with our neutral pH rubber flooring cleaner and degreaser for easy cleaning, rubber tiles may be the smartest choice for your shop (and back!).
Imagine the wear and tear of a crowded gym floor or a high traffic vet clinic. Rubber flooring has become ever popular in these busy environments, and this is in part because rubber flooring is so durable, cost-effective and easy to clean. Our neutral pH cleaner and degreaser is the ideal cleaner for rubber floors.
So how do you clean rubber floors once you’ve got the right product to clean with?
Whether you have more than 12 million square feet of flooring or just a few tiles in your small home gym, our neutral pH cleaner is perfect for all shapes and sizes of rubber floors.
The Smartest Approach to Cleaning and Maintaining Rubber Floors:
- Follow cleaning manufacturers instructions. Instructions vary from cleaner to cleaner. Our cleaner and degreaser is formulated to be diluted 2 oz per gallon. If you use more or less of the cleaner, the outcome will not be as effective or you are running the risk of wasting product and harming your floor.
- Be proactive. The beauty about rubber tiles is they are easily replaceable. If you see that a part of your rubber flooring is getting too much wear and tear, it will be safer in the long run to replace it before someone gets hurt or it causes further damage.
- Keep the outside clean. The cleanliness of your gym, store or shop starts outside, since people will be tracking in whatever is outside. This means paying attention to the cleanliness of your parking lot and sidewalks and keeping them as dirt and grease-free as possible.
- Have indoor and outdoor mats. It is recommended to have 15 feet (or three strides worth) of indoor and outdoor walk-off mats both on the outside and inside of your entrance door to trap dirt.
- Vacuum (or sweep) frequently. It is crucial to do this at least once a day, depending upon foot traffic. This will make the mopping process much quicker and effective. This also keeps grit off the floor, which prevents unnecessary wear and tear on the floor.
- Add a protective coating. Our sealant not only makes cleaning easier and more effective, but it makes your mats more waterproof, last longer and adds shine and luster. This preventative step will lengthen the intervals between needing to replace tiles and will prevent staining and other damage.
- Daily maintenance. Sweeping and mopping rubber flooring on a daily basis is the best way to extend the lifespan and maintain an impeccably clean—and easy to clean—floor.
Follow these steps and your rubber floors will serve you and your business for years to come.
Because rubber floors are ideal for gym floors—from busy athletic clubs to CrossFit gyms—our neutral pH rubber floor cleaner and degreaser is a perfect match for gym and club owners. Rubber flooring’s soft yet durable surface is perfect for everything from heavy weight lifting to wrestling and gymnastics. When it comes to cleaning your rubber flooring, it is important that you pair our cleaner with the most effective cleaning method for superior results. While our cleaner is extremely straightforward, effective and economical, how you use it is also equally important.
So, how do you clean rubber gym floors?
- Using a plastic or wood scraper, scrape off any large, sticky items, such as mud that has been tracked in. We do not recommend using a metal scraper since it can scratch the rubber surface. If necessary, use a damp nylon scrub pad to rub off scuff marks. Because our floor cleaner is also a degreaser, it is perfect for targeting and removing greasy build up, lessening the need for time consuming prep cleaning.
- Once large, sticky items are removed, vacuum the floor to ensure the surface is free of debris for the most effective mopping.
- A nylon, soft-bristled cleaning brush works great to focus on any difficult to remove spots or spills if necessary.
- Lastly, mop your rubber floors with our neutral pH cleaning solution (just 2 oz. per gallon of water).
What to AVOID on rubber floors:
- Acids such as bleach, vinegar or bathroom cleaners
- Alkalis such as butyl cleaners and high pH strippers
- Petro chemicals—cleaners that contain oil grease, solvents or abrasives
Just installed virgin rubber flooring in your gym?
We recommend you initially clean it with a damp mop and our cleaner to remove any manufacturing residue.
There may be other ways to clean your gym’s rubber flooring other than using a cleaner specifically formulated for rubber floors. But are they as effective? Safe? Convenient? Economical?
When owning and operating a busy gym, having the confidence and assurance that your gym floor cleaner is going to get the job done right is crucial.
You have plenty of other things to tend to, which is why Clean Break has worked with a chemist to formulate a neutral pH, environmental seal of approval rubber floor cleaner and degreaser. It will no doubt make your life easier and your floors impeccably clean for your customers. Rubber gym flooring is quickly becoming a number one choice for busy gyms and fitness centers not just in the US but internationally as well. The reasons for rubber flooring in these facilities are plenty, and investing in a quality gym floor cleaner is just as important of a decision.
Reasons Rubber Flooring is Perfect for Gyms:
- Eliminates injuries. A lot of today’s exercises involve a lot of jumping. Because of its soft, squishy surface, it is easy on the knees and ankles, reduces shock to the leg joints and eliminates injuries.
- Durable. Let’s face it, if any type of facility were to need a strong, durable—yet gentle on the joints—floor, it is gyms, fitness centers, rec centers and play areas. With constant impact from heavy weights and equipment, running, jumping and repetitious use, these types of floors undergo heavier foot traffic and high impact stress.
- Long lasting. Other gym floor materials are marketed as easy to clean but they do not stand up to long-term wear and tear that rubber flooring clan. So while rubber flooring is more durable than other materials and water resistant, it too, is easy to clean.
- Indoor and outdoor use. Because rubber flooring so wonderfully repels water from pool and shower areas, rubber flooring is ideal for pool areas and play areas both in and outside.
Pair durable rubber flooring with our gym floor cleaner and degreaser, and you’ve got a perfect match for a high traffic, high intensity gym floor that will outlast any other material. —Clean Break