With crossfit gyms popping up throughout neighborhoods in nearly every city, it’s important to take certain precautions in order to protect clientele. Cleaning crossfit gym mats is one of the most important operating tasks for these athletic facilities. Whether applying with a mop, sponge or sprayer, here are a few tips to keep in mind when cleaning crossfit gym mats.
Cleaning Crossfit Gym Mats
- Avoid adding loose dirt and chalk to the water and making mud by sweeping mats before applying a facility disinfectant
- If using Clean Break’s Facility Disinfectant, apply the solution with a mop, sponge, hand pump, trigger sprayer or low-pressure coarse sprayer to wet all surfaces thoroughly
- Allow plenty of time for the chemicals in a rubber mat disinfectant to soak into crossfit gym mats in order to effectively kill germs
- After the allotted amount of time, scrub disinfected crossfit gym mats with water and then remove any excess liquid
- Use the minimum amount of disinfectant when cleaning crossfit gym mats in order to prevent build-up of soaps and detergents on mats
- Clean mats using a neutral facility disinfectant that won’t cause skin irritation
- If applying using a mop, remember to change the water often to avoid spreading dirt, sweat and grime around
- Use hot water when cleaning crossfit gym mats, as it’s more effective and dries more quickly
- Open doors, turn on fans, both ceiling and floor. With adequate ventilation mats will dry quickly
Spend less time cleaning crossfit gym mats when you do it right the first time with an effective facility disinfectant. By providing your customers with clean crossfit gym mats, you’re proving to them that you want them to have the best experience possible. Protect your clientele from bacteria and fungus by thoroughly cleaning crossfit gym mats. Not only will they appreciate the safety aspect of clean mats, but also the scent, as no one wants to inhale body odor and sweat when doing pushups.
Maintain a clean facility with freshly disinfected and sanitized crossfit gym mats that your customers will appreciate. Learn more about the Facility Disinfectant from Clean Break when thinking about what to use to clean your crossfit gym mats.