Whether you are looking for the best flooring for your woodworking shop, garage shop, or similar space, sifting through all the options can be overwhelming.
The benefits of rubber tiles for shop flooring are numerous and unique.
Not only is a dense rubber floor comfortable to stand on and incredibly durable, but it is also simple to install, clean and maintain.
More Unique Benefits of Rubber Tiles for Shop Flooring:
- Durable. This is probably the biggest selling point for rubber flooring. Whether getting smashed by heavy dumbbells repeatedly or enduring other heavy equipment, machinery and impact, rubber flooring can handle it. Additionally, because you can select extremely dense rubber tiles, heavy equipment can easily roll over the tiles.
- Color Options. If a concern is whether the black will absorb too much light and make it difficult to tell what a project will look like out of the shop, then there are several other lighter colors to choose from.
- Textured or Non-Texture. While non-textured would be easier to sweep, both are easy to vacuum.
- Tools Bounce! Tools will bounce instead of dent, which is always a perk and allows your tools to last longer.
- Cost Effective. Aside from basic concrete flooring, rubber flooring, starting at about $2.44 per square feet, is much more inexpensive than engineered hardwood floor that typically starts around $4 per square foot (not including underlayment and professional installation if required).
- Easy Installation. Speaking of installation, rubber tiles for shop flooring are incredibly easy to install, considering they are a large puzzle piece that easily interlock. Another bonus is that if one tile becomes damaged, it is easily replaced.
- Comfort. Another common benefit of rubber flooring is its anti-fatigue properties. It is easy on your feet, joints and back, so standing for long periods of time is made more comfortable.
- Coverage Options. Instead of covering your workshop’s entire floor, a cost effective option is to use only rubber flooring in each work area instead of installing wall-to-wall rubber flooring.
Paired with our neutral pH rubber flooring cleaner and degreaser for easy cleaning, rubber tiles may be the smartest choice for your shop (and back!).