Because rubber floors are ideal for gym floors—from busy athletic clubs to CrossFit gyms—our neutral pH rubber floor cleaner and degreaser is a perfect match for gym and club owners. Rubber flooring’s soft yet durable surface is perfect for everything from heavy weight lifting to wrestling and gymnastics. When it comes to cleaning your rubber flooring, it is important that you pair our cleaner with the most effective cleaning method for superior results. While our cleaner is extremely straightforward, effective and economical, how you use it is also equally important.
So, how do you clean rubber gym floors?
- Using a plastic or wood scraper, scrape off any large, sticky items, such as mud that has been tracked in. We do not recommend using a metal scraper since it can scratch the rubber surface. If necessary, use a damp nylon scrub pad to rub off scuff marks. Because our floor cleaner is also a degreaser, it is perfect for targeting and removing greasy build up, lessening the need for time consuming prep cleaning.
- Once large, sticky items are removed, vacuum the floor to ensure the surface is free of debris for the most effective mopping.
- A nylon, soft-bristled cleaning brush works great to focus on any difficult to remove spots or spills if necessary.
- Lastly, mop your rubber floors with our neutral pH cleaning solution (just 2 oz. per gallon of water).
- Allow floor to air dry.
What to AVOID on rubber floors:
- Acids such as bleach, vinegar or bathroom cleaners
- Alkalis such as butyl cleaners and high pH strippers
- Petro chemicals—cleaners that contain oil grease, solvents or abrasives
Just installed virgin rubber flooring in your gym?
We recommend you initially clean it with a damp mop and our cleaner to remove any manufacturing residue.